The remake of Disney’s Aladdin came out this weekend and I cannot wait to take the kids to see it.
I’m about to show my age here, but I was 15 years old when the first Aladdin movie came out with Robin Williams. I loved the movie so much that I bought an Aladdin themed plastic lunch box and carried it to school my entire Sophomore year.
Wonder how much that lunch box would be worth now if I had kept it?
The newest Aladdin movie features Will Smith as the Genie. I hear it also covers up Princess Jasmine’s belly button. Thank goodness belly buttons are out of style since mine has never seen the light of day.
Since I have a good feeling that Aladdin themed lunch boxes and birthday parties are about to come back in style, today I’m sharing these Aladdin Themed Cupcakes! They are the perfect treat if you’re planning a party for your little Aladdin or Princess Jasmine!
How to make Aladdin Themed Cupcakes
All you need are a few magical ingredients to get started…
- 12 cupcakes from your favorite recipe or boxed mix
- 2 to 3 cups vanilla frosting in three colors: blue purple, and white (We used Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting)
- Silver sprinkling sugar
- White sprinkling sugar
- Coated chocolate pearls in matching colors
- Nonpareil sprinkles in matching colors
- Mix and bake cupcakes according to the box directions. Let cool completely before icing.
- Add about ½ cup each color frosting to its own piping bag. Snip the end off the piping bags. Prepare a fourth piping bag with the open star tip. Slide the three other piping bags into the fourth and twist the open ends to force the frosting down into the tip.
- Pipe frosting over cupcake in a circular direction working from the inside of the cupcake towards the outer circle.
- Decorate with sprinkles and edible pearls.
If you’re planning an Aladdin themed birthday party soon, these simple cupcakes are sure to make all your wishes come true! Who needs a magic carpet ride when you have this tasty dessert on your hands?!