Happy Halloween! Your kids may celebrate by trick-or-treating or dressing in costume, but these 20 Halloween crafts for kids will have them celebrating the holiday all month long.
Enjoy these fun activities with your kids, a play group, or at school or preschool parties. You will all be in for a treat (or two) with these hauntingly cute Halloween crafts for kids.
1. DIY Bat Corner Bookmarks via Easy Peasy and Fun
A perfect craft to make with your favorite bookworm, these adorable bat corner bookmarks are an easy origami treat.
2. Chinese Jack-o-Lantern via Busy Mommy Media
These paper lanterns are cute enough to display around your home as Halloween decorations.
3. Bottle Cap Spider via Craft Create Cook
Simple spiders are easy to create with items you most likely have around the house. Make a bunch of these eight-legged friends for the holiday.
4. Ghost Bird Feeder Coffee Cups and Crayons
It’s been unseasonably warm through much of the country. Let the bird come have a treat for Halloween before they fly south.
5. Purple Cat Garland via This Mama Loves
Although this garland can be made in any color, I love the idea of getting outside the black and orange for Halloween. So cute!
6. Pinecone Bats via Fireflies and Mudpies
Use some items from nature to make these adorable bats. (There’s a bonus pinecone spider too!)
7. Flying Ghosts via Living Well Mom
These adorable ghosts are easy to make with straws and the free printable from the site.
8. Spider Handprint via The Nerd’s Wife
Any craft that can showcase little hands is a winner in my book. Handprint crafts are perfect keepsakes.
9. Haunted House Kids’ Craft via B-Inspired Mama
Your kids will need a little help with Mod Podge for this fantastic Halloween craft, but it’s definitely one of my favorites!
10. Handprint Bats via The Crafting Chicks
Never forget the size of their hands with this craft that uses your kids’ handprints as bat wings.
11. Mummy Pinata via DIY Candy
Mini pinatas using toilet paper rolls are nothing to be frightened about. This is definitely more of a treat than a trick!
12. Halloween Cootie Catchers via Easy Peasy and Fun
Get a free download of vampire and pumpkin fortune tellers (aka cootie catchers).
13. Mummy Jar Candle via Thrifty Jinxy
These mummy jar candles are made with the battery operated flameless tea lights, so they’re safe for your kids to make with you.
14. Halloween Ombre Picture Frames via DIY Envy
Make an ombre painted picture frame to show off your latest Halloween costume pictures.
15. Beware of Bat Sign via The Country Chic Cottage
Let your neighbors and visitors know what is lurking with this fun yet frightening sign.
16. Halloween Pop Up Cards via Red Ted Art
Perfect for class parties or fun projects at home, I love these sweet Halloween cards for the kids.
17. Halloween Melting Bead Art via Living Well Mom
Melting bead activities are great for building hand-eye coordination. These patterns for a pumpkin and bat are an awesome Halloween activity.
18. Ghost Feet via Busy Mom Media
After you get the handprints, try this cute activity with your kids’ feet making spooky little ghosts.
19. Skull Sand Art via DIY Candy
Make sure you supervise younger kids (or the mess will be crazy)! Kids of all ages will enjoy the final product for this Halloween sand art.
20. Pumpkin and Ghost Lollipop Puppets via She Saved
Anytime candy can be part of a craft for Halloween, your kids will be cheering. Enjoy these cute pumpkin and ghost puppets made of suckers.
Check out these products that will help make Halloween crafting a screaming good time!
Tootsie Pops-Variety Pack, 100 Pops, 60 OuncesPacon Tru-Ray Construction Paper, 9-Inches by 12-Inches, 50-Count,Creativity Street Chenille Stems/Pipe Cleaners 12 Inch xWagner’s 62069 Nature’s Best Blend, 6-Pound BagHomemory Realistic and Bright Flickering Bulb Battery OperatedACTIVA Scenic Sand, 5-Pound, PurpleActiva Bag of Colored Scenic Sand 5 lb-Set 2 Large 16oz Skull Glass Kitchen Food
Need more Halloween craft ideas? Here’s 30 more for ya!