These cookies are perfectly chocolatey and the peanut butter chips make it like a cookie version of a peanut butter cup. The recipe is adapted from a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe, so they have that familiar texture and chewiness.
The cookies puff up and spread while baking, then flattens when cooling. Overbaking is to be avoided as you’ll end up with a dry, crunchy cookie. The cookies need to be slightly under baked when removed from the oven to ensure chewiness.
I love these cookies. Like, really really love them. There’s something so good about these cookies that I just can’t get enough. And for whatever reason, I crave them during this time of the year.
So this year, I thought it would be a great idea to share them with all of you. I mean…if I’m going to be able to enjoy them, I need to know that you all are going to as well, right?! Just try looking at these photos and not craving these cookies. I dare ya.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 ounce package peanut butter baking chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat with an eclectic mixer until well combined.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough into balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 8 minutes. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool slightly before serving.
And there you have it. Now you can snack on these cookies at all hours of the day and night just like I do!
I can’t wait to hear what you think as well. Tell me what your taste buds feel once you take a bite!