The 2014 Birmingham Parade of Homes kicked off last weekend. There are 75 homes available to tour around the Birmingham metro area this year, and all of them are just gorgeous!
I had the pleasure of working with B-Metro Magazine last week inside the 2014 Ideal home built by local Birmingham builder Murphy Home Builders. It features a stunning 4,000+ square feet of beautifully decorated space in the Ross Bridge community of Glasscott.
I was lucky enough to tour both the HGTV Smart Home in Nashville and the Ideal Home in Birmingham all in the same week. Although the two homes were decorated completely different styles, the technology inside both homes was very similar. Here are a few of the features of the Ideal Home that I loved:
- Comfortable but stunning design palette, with muted blue/grey accent walls of bold print wallpaper that was classy and still beautiful.
- Wallpaper is making a major come back. Get ready, y’all.
- Surround sound wired behind the sheetrock of nearly every room in the house and into the outdoor living areas, all controlled from an iPad app.
- The TV over the fireplace in the living room could turn into instant artwork with the touch of a button
Window roller shades that operated from your iPad app.
- A tv screen built in BEHIND the master bathroom vanity mirror so that you could watch tv from the shower, bathtub or while getting ready in the mornings. (I kid you not—wait till you see it in the photos below!)
- Amazing lighting fixtures throughout every single room.
- Gorgeous ceiling detail inside the master bedroom.
- Silestone quartz countertops that looked exactly like Carrara white marble, but WAY more durable.
- The tall six-panel doors and heavy crown throughout. Swoon
- A walk-in pantry that was accessible through a set of double kitchen cabinet doors. Very cool.
OK, since we all know that you’re here for the pretty pictures, I’m going to be quiet now and let you guys take the silent but gorgeous photo tour today on my blog.
Enjoy the rest of the pictures of this stunning home!
Wasn’t it amazing!?
Here is a listing of the Sherwin Williams paint colors used throughout the home, provided by the amazing interior designer, Bee Little of Set to Sell Staging:
Foyer: Intellectual Gray
Living/ Kitchen/ Breakfast room area: Worldly Gray
Master Bedroom: Sea Salt (as seen in my sunroom!)
Master Bath: Classic Grey
All trim is Pure White
Enjoy this beautiful weather and get out there to the Parade of Homes! There is inspiration for days.
[email protected] Clutter says
It was amazing, Beth. I loved the bathroom and stairwells the best!
Nancy Sharp says
I love all the doors. Gives the impression of a much older home. Everything is beautiful. I’m thinking of using some of those gray shades in my house.
lynn cockrell says
I enjoyed the tour. Thanks for posting!
Cindy Barganier says
Thanks for sharing. I wanted to see how it turned out!
Shelley @ Calypso in the Country says
Beautiful! I could tour houses all day!
Do you have any information on the wooden dresser in the master bedroom? Thanks!
Could you tell me which Silestone this is? Lyra? Blanco Orion? Helix?
Beth at Unskinny Boppy says
I’m not sure which one it is, but it looks a lot like Helix to me!
This looks like Helix to me also…is definitely not Blanco Orion. If anyone has installed Blanco Orion would love to hear if you are happy with it?
I’d like to know, too!
Its silestone helix that closely resembles marble.
Molly Leiker says
I love the sideboard in the dinning room. Can you please give me the details about it.
Patti Rinard says
I love the white bathroom ! Could you tell me the type and name of the surface on the counter? Thank you!
What brand of bathroom cabinets are these?? I love them and I’m redoing my master bath!
Beth at Unskinny Boppy says
I believe the cabinets in this house came from Wellborn Cabinets.
Kelsey Barklow says
Where did you get the buffet in the dining room? It’s beautiful! And your entire house is beautifully decorated. Love your style.
Can you tell us what brand makes the vanity in the mater bath? Thanks!