Need an easy crowd-pleasing recipe for a football game or party? Charleston Cheese Dip is THE best party appetizer idea I’ve made in a long while.
Unless you’ve been on a diet for the past decade, you might already know that Trisha Yearwood has a cooking show and few cookbooks on the market that have some finger licking good recipes in them. Garth and Trisha ain’t skeered to eat some good ol’ down home greasy food that we all love here in the South.
Trisha Yearwood’s Charleston Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz block of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese I used Cabot Seriously Sharp
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey jack cheese I used Cabot Pepper Jack
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 10 Ritz crackers crushed
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, all the cheeses, green onions and cayenne pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish or cast-iron skillet and top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbling on top.
- Remove the pan and top with the cooked bacon.
- Serve immediately with corn chips, pita chips or crackers.
- I turned the broiler on mine for just a minute at the end of the cooking cycle to give it a little extra of that golden brown bubbly goodness.
This recipe for Trisha Yearwood’s Charleston Cheese Dip is THE best party appetizer I’ve made in a long while.
The guests at my party devoured this stuff. If you need a great appetizer that will be a huge hit at a party, look no further. If you are highly offended by skyrocketing fat grams and bacon grease, you might want to skim over this one.
Seriously, y’all. Trisha wasn’t playing around when she wrote this recipe.
Like any good Southern Culture on the Skids, don’t forget the Captain’s Wafers. 🙂
This stuff is evil. And oh so delicious.
Looking for more appetizer recipes? These look yummy!
Today I’m teaming up with these gameday gurus who are also posting some delicious football food recipes today! Be sure to stop by and visit their blogs for more great Super Bowl appetizer ideas:
Twice Baked Potatoes from The Country Chic Cottage
Assorted Appetizers from Mural Maker
Sausage and Cream Cheese Pockets from Mom 4 Real
Bacon and Cheese Fries from A Step in the Journey
Charleston Cheese Dip from Unskinny Boppy
Creamy Pizza Dip from Just Shaken Together
Grilled Jalapeno Poppers from Mad in Crafts
Appetizer Recipe from Dreaming In Color
Meatloaf Bites from The Shabby Creek Cottage
Ham and Cheese Roll Ups from Mom Endeavors